Hi!

This is not a nice behavoir. You can enter at that position that the line
break should be a conrol+enter secence. That produces normaly the linefeed
command ("\\" in Latex) but in tables it produces a linefeed on the
screen. It isn't affecting the printed document.

Try it.

Andreas

---Reply to mail from Russ Ross about wide tables

> I'm creating tables of two columns where the first column is just a
> label, and the right column contains a paragraph or so of text.  I set
> the maximum width from the table layout dialog box, and it prints fine,
> but it is nearly impossible to edit.
>
> On the screen the body of text is displayed as a single horizontal line
> (ie, no word wrap) for each entry, and the displayed table is _very_
> wide.  There is no horizontal scroll bar, so the only way I seem to be
> able to work around it is to make the window as wide as I can, drag it
> most of the way off the screen, then widen it again, etc. until the
> part I want to edit is finally on the screen.
>
> Is there a way to get it to use word wrap when editing inside tables on
> the screen?  Either the fixed width that I specified for the table, or
> something convenient for the window size would be nice.  If not, I'd
> like to make a feature request :)
>
> Right now, I end up loading the .lyx file into vi or something like
> that to do editing of the table text, and that's really not a great way
> to do it.  Am I missing something simple here?  Is there another
> workaround?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Russ
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---End reply
                               \|/
                             0(o o)0
 Andreas Jahnen           Fachhochschule Trier
                Fachbereich: Angewandte Informatik
 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 WWW   : http://www.FH-Trier.de/~jahnena

                          ooO00    00Ooo