>> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:30:53 +0100
>> From: Andreas Jahnen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: Sasa Janiska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: Re: Odd & even pages
>>
>> Sasa Janiska wrote:
>> >
>> > I use book style for producing one book.
>> > I have parts & chapters in the book, using two side option, but LyX does
>> > not put empty pages to have beginnings of chapter on odd pages.
>>
>> There is a latex command around that may help you. If I can remember it
>> is called \clearpage or if two-sided \cleardoublepage. The correct
>> syntax and the options to these command is in every latex book. ( No one
>> around here... .)

The book style *should* produce chapters on odd pages, AFAIR (as well as parts).
As I prefer a really empty even pages, I use \clearemptydoublepage
before each chapter:
\newcommand{\clearemptydoublepage}{\newpage{\pagestyle{empty}\cleardoublepage}}
is defined in the preamble.
If you want it systematic, you may redefine the \clearemptydoublepage command.

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre