Sasa,

Have you tried explicitly setting the twoside option for the book class?
I had a problem where headers weren't recognising that I had odd and even
pages, i.e. everything was being treated as if it were on one sided pages,
and setting this solved it.

Interestingly, this only occurred under Debian 2.0, with whatever version
of tetex that came with. Under the version of TeX that comes with digital
unix, the explicit definition of two sided wasn't necessary.

No idea if this will help with your problem though.

Rod

> I  have also tried that (from Latex Companion), but LaTex still puts
> parts and chapters on even pages.
>
> I'm changing numbering from roman (prefaces, toc ..) to arabic (parts &
> chapters) but I doubt it could be the problem.
>
> Any other advice?
> Sincerely,
> Sasa

> Sasa Janiska
> Zagreb, Croatia
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

rod | "If morale is low it's because the employees have character defects.