Can I make a layout with a style for individual words or
phrases rather than paragraphs?

In case there is some more straightforward way to accomplish
what I want, I'm trying to fix a way to use IPA fonts for
some words in a text, using the tipa.sty IPA package.  I
added a layout style that asks for text to be bracketed
by "begin{IPA}" and "end{IPA}", and that works, but only
for whole paragraphs.

Of course, I'd like also to be able to select a special
screen font for display of IPA, too, but even with the
default screen fonts, it would still be very useful, if
I could just select words.A

Greg Lee, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]