Hi there,

I for myself got satisfied results using the psd2pdf that is included in
the Ghostscript 5.50 package. Indeed the GS 5.10-ps2pdf produces large
files but the GS 5.50 reduces it very well.

Example:
gs-5.10 ps2pdf: file size 1.373.051
gs-5.50 ps2pdf: file size   264.232

Anyway, I do agree with the wish to have a pdf-export possibility
integrated in LyX.

Regards,

Stephan

Stephan E. Schlierf M.A.