Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I for myself got satisfied results using the psd2pdf that is included in
> the Ghostscript 5.50 package. Indeed the GS 5.10-ps2pdf produces large
> files but the GS 5.50 reduces it very well.
>
> Example:
> gs-5.10 ps2pdf: file size 1.373.051
> gs-5.50 ps2pdf: file size   264.232
>
> Anyway, I do agree with the wish to have a pdf-export possibility
> integrated in LyX.

Another option one can try if pdf-files are large:  Use another font for
the document.  (Choose in the Layout->Document pulldown.)  On our system
the default font selection produces large PostScript files, and
consequently large pdf files, too.  Choosing a different font reduces
the file sizes significantly.

                                                Happy LyXing, Dirk

     Dr. Dirk Klugmann
Institut fuer Troposphaerenforschung      Tel.: +49 341 235 - 2146
     Permoserstrasse 15                    FAX: +49 341 235 - 2139
     D-04318 Leipzig                    E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                   WWW: http://www.tropos.de/