On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Richard Wan wrote:

> (a) Can lyX be installed on IRIX 6.5. Being not very familiar with intricate
> compilation on Unix, I would prefer a precompiled version which would work
> on IRIX 6.5. Could someone direct me to the site where an Irix version
> (compiled or source) is available?

You need the XForms library and a c++ compiles. XForms is available in
binary form for SGI/IRIX. Look at http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms.

Compiling and installing LyX on a decent Unix system is as easy as to type

        gzip -dc lyx-1.0.3.tar.gz | tar xf -
        cd lyx-1.0.3
        ./configure
        make
        make install

> (b) Is there a version of lyX on the Mac platform? This would much easier to
> install!

AFAIK, not, but you can install Linux or NetBSD in your Mac :-).

Casantos

--
O cara que procura encrenca cada vez tem que andar menos.
        -- Millôr Fernandes