On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Carlos A M dos Santos wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Richard Wan wrote:
>
> > (a) Can lyX be installed on IRIX 6.5. Being not very familiar with intricate
> > compilation on Unix, I would prefer a precompiled version which would work
> > on IRIX 6.5. Could someone direct me to the site where an Irix version
> > (compiled or source) is available?
>
> You need the XForms library and a c++ compiles. XForms is available in
> binary form for SGI/IRIX. Look at http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms.
>
> Compiling and installing LyX on a decent Unix system is as easy as to type
>
>       gzip -dc lyx-1.0.3.tar.gz | tar xf -
>       cd lyx-1.0.3
>       ./configure
>       make
>       make install

Don't forget that he's got to have a resonably recent version of TeX and LaTeX
installed as well. Imho installing TeTeX from sources is probably the best - if
time consuming - route.

http://www.tug.org/teTeX/

or

http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/search/tetex.html

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME    Christopher Sawtell - Support Engineer - iOpen Technologies Ltd.
 ICQ UIN 45863470
 EMAIL   csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz
 CNOTES  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz