On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 09:23:24PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> On mer, 29 sep 1999, Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos à écrit
> >On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 08:34:07PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> >> I have seen than lyx 1.04pre8 supports docbook. How? is the linuxdoc export the
> >> good choice?
> >
> >  ???
> >
> >  The docbook is a new type of document layout, so you should first change it to
> >docbook.
>
> I use the french version of lyx 1.04pre8. May somebody say me how "document
> layout" translates in french, I don't find anything such in the format document
> menu. I have a document "classe" with article, book,... SGML, but no docbook
> and none gives me an export docbook tag.

  The docbook support is only available if you have a sgmltools executable program
on your path.
  If you have the docbook dtd but you don't sgmltools installed create a fake
sgmltools executable. Then reconfigure LyX. Options->Reconfigure (This is easy to
translate to french so you don't have any excuse. ;)

> >  Then you export your document as docbook.
>
> ????
>
> I think I have docbook installed, at least I got this :

> jdd@charles:~ > locate docbook.dtd
> /home/jdd/data/download/docbook/docbook.dtd
> /usr/share/sgml/docbk30/docbook.dtd
> /usr/share/sgml/docbk31/docbook.dtd
> /usr/share/sgml/sdb/sdocbook.dtd
> jdd@charles:~

  LyX uses sgmltools to preview the document with dvi or ps.
  If you don't have it you must export the resulting document to docbook and then
out there work as usual to produce the different output.

  Support for docbook outside the sgmltools can be done, but only for the next
development cycle.

  Best regards,

--
José