Thus said Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos on Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:04:29 BST:

> > <footnote><url
>url="http://work.ucsd.edu:5141/cgi-bin/http_webster?isindex=iterate&method=exact"
>name="Online Definition"> </footnote>
>
>   Please change that by hand and replace the first & with &amp; and tell me if
> that works...
Jose, thanks for the suggestion.  It worked quite nicely... now, is it a
problem with LyX exporting to SGML that is the problem here?  Shouldn't it
have parsed the URL and noticed the embedded & and thus converted it to
&amp; ???

>   The problem is that &method is viewed as an entity. I don't have the
> linuxdoc dtd at hand so I can't tell you how to insert the & in the url.
Now, if I only knew what an entity was... :)  I'm learning as I go...
Andy
--
        +====== Andy ====== TiK: garbaglio ======+
        |    Linux is about freedom of choice    |