Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos wrote:

>   The correct layout to insert code is Code. :-)

Yep I can see this in th pull down, however, no meta-shortcut seems to
be assigned to it.

>   Regarding your choice, NLyX-Code, I think that this is a bug. Even if the layout
>isn't
> available throught the menu, the shortcut calls it. Any thoughts J-M or others?

It turned out that reopening a saved .lyx with 'NLyX-Code' sections
converts those into 'Code', however, the problems I have with it are
exactly the same as with NLyX-Code (see below).

>   Regarding the importing of ascaii text you can always import it directly as
> lines, look for Insert->Ascii file as -> Lines. Tell me if this doesn't work

This is exactly what I did. The inserted code appears in red color and
the formatting on the screen is indeed just as in the ASCII file, no
additional line breaks inserted. However, If I select 'File->View
Postscript' the output is screwed up in different ways:

1) Even if I select character style typewriter small, smaller, smallest,
the output of the section in question (the Code-section) is always the
same and I'd consider it too large.

2) If the inserted text from the ASCII file contains a '<' characters,
this character seems to be interpreted somewhere along the path to
postscript output. All of a sudden the output following the '<' in
ghostview changes to red and also the document title which is shown as a
running header also changes to red, the same is true for the page number
in the running footer. I have verified some old documents of mine which
use 'LyX-Code' and the '<' problem is not there, also problem (1) isn't
there with 'LyX-Code'. So currently I'd say it is not a good idea to
make 'LyX-Code' go away and replace it with 'Code'. BTW: It is not just
changing the color in the PS file to red, the '<' character also causes
some paragraph breaks in the output.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://baiti.net/fb

If you risk nothing then you risk everything