I am often printing my documents and then reading
them for editing purposes.

When I do this I have the fustration of finding that
all my lemmas, theorems, equations, etc have their
labels replaced by numbers.  While of course this
is exactly the way I want my final output to look
it is very inconvenient when editing because I know
all my lemmas etc by label and not by number so they
are hard to recognize when referenced.

Also, the numbers keep changing anyway so it is
pointless to memorize them.

It there a way to turn off the conversion of these
labels to their numeric counterparts?

This would be a great help.
Perhaps other would like this capability as well.

Thanks

Ralph Boland