On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> Allan Rae schrieb:
> >Set the filetype required to LaTeX (as you did) and enter:
> >pdflatex $$FName
>
> Thank you Allan,
>
> but now the file is created in the tmpdir not in the working
> directory. How can I redirect the file? I've grepped the whole lyxdir
> but found no hint to a variable for the working-directory.

There is an added complication here of course that if you have bibtex
entries and haven't previously run bibtex your document won't have any
bibliography.  So I'd like to see pdflatex supported by substituting
"pdflatex" for "latex" in the MakeDVI part of LyX.  This should be fairly
easy to do.

The other problem is probably best solved for now by using:

        pdflatex $$FName ; cp filename.pdf /where/ever/you/want/it

or some other series of shell commands.  You might even like to write your
own short shell script and call that.  Then you could do any number of
things within that file.

Note that you can't just do `cp $$FName.pdf` because $$FName is set to
filename.tex

> BTW: One can set the custom-export-command in lyxrc to pdflatex:
> Then you only need to hit ok and a pdf-file is created.

Well spotted.

Allan. (ARRae)