>>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:33:02 +0100 (MET)
>>From: "Jean-Pierre.Chretien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: BibTeX and LyX
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>>AFAIR (I posted on this already some time ago),
>>change in the bib style is not enough in plain LaTeX/BibTeX
>>to refresh the bbl file, you need to kill the existing one (or
>>the aux file).
>>It seems to be the same in LyX, close/open kills the aux and bbl files
>>by changing the temporary. Could be documented as is, unless
>>a specific LyX refreshing mechanism is implemented (i.e., kill the bbl
>>file if the style is modified).

I'm sorry if I was a bit misleading this morning... I checked
with the current teTeX install (1.0) and bibtex deals correctly
with the \bibstyle command copied in the .aux file, so I must
have been confused with the .bib file updates
(which are dealt with in LyX as I understand from Lars answer).
But I confirm that LyX (1.0.4) doesn't update the bbl file
upon a change of style (i.e. the bibtex run is not called).

Sorry for the misundertanding.

--
Jean-Pierre