Ruediger> I need to intend my formulas by some cm and can therefore
Ruediger> not use the mathdisplay environnement, as formulas are
Ruediger> centered then. But when I use the normal math environnement,
Ruediger> intend the paragraph and then try to label the equation, it
Ruediger> just doesn't work.

You take the problem backwards. You want displayed equations, so use
them. Then the problem is 'how can I get left-justified equations?'.
And of course there is an answer to this question is to add the option
'fleqn' in Layout->Document:extra options. If you want a precise
indentation, add
\setlength{\mathindent}{1cm}
(or whatever) in Layout->LaTeX_Preamble.

What I want to explain here is: do not care too much about how the
result looks. Just care about using the item that has the intended
_function_. You'll always find a latex package that gives the
appearance you want.

Hope this helps.

JMarc