If that doesn't work OK, you might want to try Hevea which, I've been told,
seems to be a slightly better latex->Html converter than latex2html. (I can't
find the url for hevea, but if I recall correctly, it is easily found doing a
web search using keywords such as Hevea and Linux).

But then i have a question: what about in the other direction, such as
StarOffice or Word to Lyx? I know that I can save the file as a text file, and
import it (paragraph option), but that way I loose all the formating, etc. Any
other alternative?

Ramon