On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 12:08:52AM -0800, Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Ron.
>
> > Page 8 of the file pdfTeX-FAQ.pdf says that pdfLatex only recognises the
> > following formats:
> >
> > PDF, JPEG, PNG and MetaPost.
>
> Thanks. I know where to head for information now :)

Not sure if you got things working yet, but what I've been doing is:

1) make sure I've got a JPEG or PNG for each PS or EPS file imported.
   One's better for pictures, and the other for line art.  Just make
   sure when you convert the eps to make it a bit bigger than you'll
   need, so that pdflatex is scaling pixels down and not up.
2) when inserting pictures, trim off the .ps or .eps -- latex still
   finds them, and pdflatex finds the .jpg or .png, I think.  Worst case,
   you have to go through the latex source and change the filenames
   by hand.
3) export to latex
4) run pdflatex on the source  -- bibtex too, if you use it.

Oh, and always make sure your font is Times or something that acroread
likes. But everyone's pointed that out.

Ben
--
Benjamin Korvemaker