Hello all,

I've just discovered lyx and joined the list.

I like lyx, but have no particular interest in tex. I do need
to produce SGML, HTML and PDF (at least) documentation.

I had been using troff and the -me macro package, just because
of familiarity (I actually ran a commercial database typesetting
business in the early '80's using troff), but now have to share
docs with other people. It's easier to point them to lyx. Also,
I hadn't figured out yet how to do PDF bookmarks in that environment.

But I'm having a couple of problems:

(1) I've tried the linuxdoc and docbook templates, but have been
unable to successfully include pictures.

I can include them and see them on the screen, but they're
absent in the "View DVI" or "View PS".

That is, I go:
        File/New from Template
        name file
        choose template "docbook_template.lyx"
        insert figure (for instance, platypus clipart) at end
        view DVI

Also, I get a bunch of error output to the console (see attached
file lyx.log).

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what.

I can see the figures if I start with just a new document (not
a docbook or linuxdoc).

(2) Also, I'd like to produce PDF output, with bookmarks automatically
produced from my links and headings. How do I do this?

I have tetex, sgmltools, and the 1.14 (patch 2) version of Lyx running
on Redhat Linux 6.1 (2.3.42 kernel).

Thanks in advance...
--
Ned Konz