Jean-Marc Lasgouttes writes:

  Ronald> Regards, and good luck to the developers. The LyX activity
  Ronald> that seems to correlate with the mystery crashes is repeated
  Ronald> keystrokes, such as multiple deletes.

  Do these keystrokes include use of backspace?

I believe so.  Unfortunately, I'm not usually keeping track of
keystrokes when a `mystery' crash happens, and I'm not aware of a
keystroke tracking facility like emacs or xemacs in LyX.  I seem to
recall that these crashes occur (only sometimes) with repeated ^D,
backspace, or other keystrokes that delete a portion of text.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming fix3.  Regards,

--

Ronald Florence                 http://members.home.net/18james