Sheldon F. Oppenheim wrote:
> Spelling problem --
>
> Claus Hentschel was kind enough to update the port so that the lyxrc file
> speller setting was recognized.  I tried to run aspell (site
> http://aspell.sourceforge.net/  file aspell-.30win32-i386.zip ).  Aspell
> does start to run.  It just looks up the LyX system.  Time for the three
> finger salute.  Does anyone have aspell running on the Win95 port?

So aspell locks the whole system? No key no mouse move or click is possible?

Did you look into the shell (command.com) window which will be present every
time you start LyX? There goes all output to stdout and stderr of all
programs invoked from inside LyX! Maybe aspell or LyX did 'say' anything of
interest?

Did you tried to start LyX in debugging mode so many things can be seen just
before the hangup?

And last question: What is the reason not to use ispell for spellchecking?

Awaiting your answers!
Regards
Claus