At 23:30 10/05/00 +0000, Herbert Voss wrote:
>> - How can I increase the separation between the caption and the
>> image or table in a float?
>
>\belowcaptionskip2cm     %example for 2cm!

Nice! I guess there is also an \abovecaptionskip for those captions
which are placed below the object? (I put them above for tables, but
below for images)

>i don't know why, but it doesn't work with amsbook

I'm using report (or was it book :-)

>> - And the last one (for now, that is :-). Can I set the font
>> size to something other to 10, 11 or 12 ? I want to use 11.5;
>> where can I specify this?
>
>try this one
>
>\DeclareFixedFont{\myFont}{T1}{cmr}{m}{n}{11.5}
>
>and in your text
>
>\myFont

No, but I didn't mean to put a paragraph or a block in 11.5 - rather
I want to use 11.5 as the base size for the whole document. I mean,
the same that is achieved in the Document Layout dialog for the
10, 11 and 12 pt options.

Thanks very much!
G.
--