I am not sure if this will do what you want, but you can use
\usepackage{lscape}

in your preamble

then, when you get to the page(s) you want to have landscape just do:

\begin{landscape}
%% can have here stuff that spands over several pages

\end{landscape}

It works without any problems, keeps page numbers etc in the right
position, and I have used it to include pages with figures and tables in
landscape orientation in a document with an otherwise portrait orientation.

There is only one minor catch, though: as soon as you issue the
\begin{landscape} you get a new page right there, and it seems that Latex
cannot choose the break point by itself.

I have done this directly in Latex, and I think I have also used it in Lyx by
marking the \begin{landscape} to \end{landscape} as Latex (after includeing the
\usepackage{lscape} in the preamble).

Hope this helps,

Ramon