Jean-Pierre> I worked on the french internationalization, and I found
Jean-Pierre> two minor problems: - the word « instead » which appears
Jean-Pierre> when LyX changes colours when the allocation fails does
Jean-Pierre> not translate in what I put in fr.po

Fixed. You can get the latest lyx.pot from
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/lyx/lyx.pot.gz

Jean-Pierre> - IMHO, the
Jean-Pierre> identification of the language in the mini-buffer should
Jean-Pierre> make appear the langguage keyword as it appears in the
Layout-> Document menu (i.e., withouts capitals);

I guess it is rather the language popup which should show the
capitalized (and maybe translated) names.

Jean-Pierre>  moreover, the
Jean-Pierre>  keyword default should appear when default is selected
Jean-Pierre> (here I get « American » always because the french.sty
Jean-Pierre> package is called by the class, and thus becomes default.

I think it is fixed now.

Jean-Pierre> Otherwise it compiles with the same warnings as pre1, and
Jean-Pierre> seems to work fine. Are the varioref and prettyref
Jean-Pierre> features documented somewhere in LyX, or shuold the users
Jean-Pierre> go to the LateX distrib doc ?

There should eb some doc written.

JMarc