Hi there!

I just came across to have a closer look to my citations at the end of
my thesis I wrote with LyX and its (say TeX's) article layout. I'm using
the cite-package to have "compressed" citation references (e.g.,
[4-6,9]) and LyX's feature(s) to use it...

Within LyX's "References" environment I sorted the sources
alphabetically, just to have a more sophisticated way to get around,
what I inserted earlier. But, what I really want, is some sorting
mechanism that starts with [1] for the first reference that occurs in
the text. So LyX (better: TeX) has to rearrange the entries within the
bibliography part to have the same order as the references I made within
the text...

I hope, you understand what I want.

Of course I can manually "scan" the text and rearrange the bibliography
to suit the arrangement of citations in the text. But I really think
that nowadays these things should be done automatically. I already tried
the [sort] or [nosort] options of the cite-package with no effort (I can
see no difference). Perhaps there's some LaTeX magic to put around LyX's
bibliography environment (I'm not afraid of 'evil red text'!).

Any help is greatfully appreciated.

TIA,
      Frank
--
... Falscher oder fehlender Kaffee. Anwender angehalten.
 web: http://www.FrankMahler.de/