Ramon> Hi, After the suggestions from this list (thanks!) and asking
Ramon> in comp.text.tex I figured that the low quality printing
Ramon> problem could be solved if I were to use the computer modern
Ramon> fonts as Type I (postscript). This turned out to be very
Ramon> simple, as those fonts were already in my machine and all I
Ramon> needed to do was modify the script updmap and run it.

This has been discussed last week on the development list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg11340.html

The bottom line is that you should get and install the "ae" fonts,
which emulate the ec font from the postscript computer modern fonts.

JMarc