  > ... Then I convert to pdf with ps2pdf because I can not get
  > pdflatex to work with pstricks.  My problem is of course the
  > fonts... They just look crappy on the projector....  especially
  > the math fonts.

For now, I'd suggest using pstill instead of ps2pdf (sorry, Peter).

        http://www.this.net/~frank/pstill.html

I generate 40 - 100 foils every week, and this has always worked very
well for me.

I've never had any problem using our standard T1 font set (Sabon, Gill
Sans, mathptm) with this approach either.  If you want more help with
my approach to T1 fonts under LaTeX, drop me a private email.

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering Inc    consulting & turnkey product development