"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

> Michael Zapf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> || I took a look in the archive and actually found similar questions, but no good
> | hint whether this feature is intended to work or not.
> |
> | LaTeX itself actually supports nested \inputs. What about LyX? (I'm using LyX
> | 1.1.4fix3.)
>
> Nested inputs are allowed, but not nested includes.
>
> You can use include on the first level, but have to use input to get
> deeper than that.

If that only did work... Actually, it does not. Try doing the following:

1. Create a file doc1.lyx which contains a file inclusion. Use "Insert->Include
File", select "use input" and enter doc2.lyx.
2. Do the same with doc2.lyx which is to include doc3.lyx.
3. Create doc3.lyx with some content lines.
4. Select "File->View DVI".
5. You get an alert "There were errors during the LaTeX run...".
6. Clicking on the "error" tag pops up a window which states: "LaTeX error: File
'doc3.tex' not found.", "\input{doc3.tex}"

The reason seems to be that LyX does not recursively create temporary .tex files.

Michael
--
* Michael Zapf  -----------  http://www.vsb.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~zapf/
* Fachbereich Informatik, Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme