At 03:07 PM 6/15/00 +0200, you wrote:
>How well do latest LyX versions run on a 486? Is is better/worse than
>older versions? Just curious.

I can't tell you, I am just beginning to work seriously with LyX. (Master
thesis). But version 1.1.2 runs fine. Of course running Latex takes some
time, but I have exported the userguide and the extended features documents
to postscript, and that took only a few minutes. Reading this documents
online goes very well.  I did not yet try version 1.1.5: I want to wait
until the first fix. Compiling LyX takes to much time to do it for every
version. (hint: is there anybody who can build a rpm for SuSE?) I run LyX
on a 100 Mhz 486 with 24 Mb ram, so please keep the systemrequirements down.

Succes!

Martijn

P.S. I am going to like LyX very well. The absence of wysiwyg prevents my
computer from slowing down when I have a twenty page document full with
equations, tables and graphs! Go on.

Martijn Brouwer               [EMAIL PROTECTED]