"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

> Note also that this whole problem is not due to a bug in LyX, but to a
> bug in latex2html, so it really teh latex2html guys that you should
> complain to.
>
>         Lgb

Not to question your expertise, or the quality of LyX (I love it) but I
disagree. LaTeX2html (using LaTeX) parses the code perfectly.  The
problem is that LyX is inserting a line to redefine the tag "\url" so
that it is just plain text, rather than a link that url.sty would rather
default to.  I will admit I am far from being a LaTeX expert, but I'm
pretty sure I'm correct in my interpretation of the LaTeX commands as
they are implemented here.  Tell me if I'm wrong though, after reading
my pseudo code interpretation...

  if (url.sty exists) then use the package url
  rename tag(\url) to tag(\texttt)

where I assume "\texttt" is some sort of verbatim-like tag, like <pre>
in html.

-EJR