Josh Rigler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Not to question your expertise, or the quality of LyX (I love it) but I
| disagree. LaTeX2html (using LaTeX) parses the code perfectly.

latex2html has a problem with using latex packages that it don't know
of (it should try to use kpathsea like latex does), and seems to not
understand the \IfFileExists command.

|  The
| problem is that LyX is inserting a line to redefine the tag "\url" so
| that it is just plain text, rather than a link that url.sty would rather
| default to.

Try if the url.sty file cannot be found.

|  I will admit I am far from being a LaTeX expert, but I'm
| pretty sure I'm correct in my interpretation of the LaTeX commands as
| they are implemented here.  Tell me if I'm wrong though, after reading
| my pseudo code interpretation...
|
|   if (url.sty exists) then use the package url
|   rename tag(\url) to tag(\textt)

no.

if url.sty exists then use the url package
_else_ rename \url to \textt

| where I assume "\texttt" is some sort of verbatim-like tag, like <pre>
| in html.

yes.
We use this as a fallback options when url.sty cannot be found.

        Lgb