Baruch Even wrote:

> I don't have the context of the message so I can't really understand the
> problem you reply to. But let me try to explain the situation and what I
> think is the problem I presented and that you reply to here.
>
> The problem I raised that I think you reply to is my request to be able to
> differentiate what output file will be generated.
>
> I know of the fact that latex and pdflatex will use the right format when
> presented to them if the extension is not emitted into the latex source.
> However I'm in a need to take a file format and convert it to the correct
> format, say the user asks to add a TIFF file, to what format should I
> convert it? PNG? EPS?
>
> This is a bit subtle since if the PDF result is by using pdflatex I need
> PNG, however if it's going through latex->dvips->ps2pdf than I need to
> convert to EPS.
>
> Let me know if I answered to the wrong question, and let me
> suggest that it is advisable to reply to messages with the replied message
> inside for context.
>
> Baruch
>
> On 11 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Just my 2c. If I use pdftex some of my pstricks specials get messed up.
If I create a ps file from the dvi file and then use ps2pdf things work
better. For a Lyx user, if Lyx will
produce an acceptable ps file with whatever kind of graphics you have
then perhaps ps2pdf could then create the right kind of pdf file also.

Of course, If I knew what I was doing, I would be rich :-)

John Culleton
--
John Culleton ---------> Please visit http://ccpl.carr.org/~john/