"R. E. de Lima-Lopes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Take a look at custum-bib, which is a script to create your own .bst
file. You'll also need natbib. With the help of these two latex
packages, which you can find e.g. via

http://www.dante.de/cgi-bin/ctan-index

by entering their names there, you have very good control on the
citation format.

Andre

P.S. You did two latex runs on you document after chnaging the .bst
according to Herbert, didn't you?