James Sinnamon wrote:

> Dea LyX users/developers,
>
> Can any one help me with the follwing questions:
>
> 1. Where are these documents?
> -=---------------------------
> Can you tell me where I can find a copy of
> texmf/texmf/doc/latex/foiltex/foiltex.dvi

download the two files foiltex.dtx and foiltex.ins from

ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/nonfree/macros/latex/contrib/supported/foiltex/

put them in a dir, which latex finds and than run latex foiltex.ins
and twice latex foiltex.dtx, which builds the file foiltex.dvi.

> 2. hierarchies of itemized lists in FoilTeX
>
> I am unclear, how this is achieved? Is
> there a menu item?  does it need a press of a key combination? or does one
> enter
> some Latex code?  (in PowerPoint one uses Tab and Shif-Tab for this. How is
> the same
> achieved with LyX/FoilTeX?)

with the above files comes a sample texfile for usinf foils. run latex
on this tex-file and have a look at the dvi output which is agood
introduction
to foiltex and especially on page 2 the itemize environment.

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://perce.de/lyx/