When reconciling my current lyxrc with the latest lyxrc.example, I found the
following stylistic inconsistencies (i.e. small things, but nice to fix):

1. Some commented out commands have "# " before them (e.g. \serverpipe), but
most just "#". Something like s/# \\/#\\/ is what you need to fix it.

2. Some blocks of config information have two blank lines before (e.g. that
for \label_init_length), but most have only one.

3. "#\print_to_file -o" has an unnecessary space at the end of the line.

4. EXPORT SECTION: some of the comments could be made a bit shorter (say to
restrict to 76 chars rather than 80?).

Finally, looking at european.kbd, I have the following lines added to mine;
is there some reason they're not suitable for the distribution:

\kmod - macron aAeEiIoOuU
\kxmod macron i "\\={\\i}"
\kxmod macron j "\\={\\j}"

(I suppose they're not needed for (m?)any European languages, but neither do
they clash with anything already there).

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | computation, n.  automated pedantry