> I think that it's fair to say that use of lyxrc is deprecated and support for
> it will probably be removed eventually. The idea is to use the GUI
> Preferences popup instead, the output of which is saved to a new file
> "preferences".

Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Perhaps it would be worth displaying a
warning to this effect if you have a lyxrc file and no preferences file,
when LyX starts?

Also, in that case, the preferences should count as being modified, so that
you can save them immediately (I just toggled an option twice to get the
same result, but that's not quite as obvious).

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | certain, a.  insufficiently analysed