Salut Alain:

your suggestion sounds like the right remidy ... but it doesn't work
here either. Although the --with-lyxname=STRING option is correctly
recognized by configure, no "STRING" directory is created in
~/tex/share, see the result of the configure run. You wrote "renaming my
old /usr/local/share/lyx directory solved the problem", renaming from
which to which ?

Configuration:
  Source code location:       .
  C++ Compiler:                g++
  C++ Compiler flags:          -g -O2 -fpermissive -fno-rtti
-fno-exceptions
  C   Compiler:                gcc
  C   Compiler flags:          -g -O2
  LyX binary dir:             /Perfo/peer/tex/bin
  LyX files dir:              /Perfo/peer/tex/share/lyxnew  <--- looks
right, but this dir is not created
  Special flags:               frontend-xforms included-string
included-libsigc

i keep trying...

:-(  peer