Bas Spitters wrote:

> I would like to make annotations in an article, in such a way that I can
> print the article with or without the annotations. I.e. something like
> this:
>
> With annotations it would look like:
> This is the main text.
> This a paragraph with annotations.
> This is the main text again.
>
> Without annotations it would look like:
> This is the main text.
> This is the main text again.
>
> I can probably find a way of doing this in LaTeX, but is there a nice
> way of doing it in LyX?

in latex preamble

\usepackage{ifthen}
\newboolean{PrintAnnotation}
\setboolean{PrintAnnotation}{true}

your text looks like

----------
This is the main text.
\ifthenelse{\boolean{PrintAnnotation}}{%  <-   in tex (red)
... This a paragraph with annotations ...
}{}%   <- in tex (red)
This is the main text again.
----------

that's all! when you change the boolean PrintAnnotation in latex
preamble to

\setboolean{PrintAnnotation}{false}

your annotations will be ignored!

the latex command write in tex (red)

\ifthenelse{\boolean{PrintAnnotation}}{ ... }{}

the dots stand for any text with any commands

maybe that there's a better solution with the package comment.

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://perce.de/lyx/