On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 11:26:56AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Jose>   Any objections? I have been considering this for some time,
> Jose> the problem is that it layouts files are different for both
> Jose> versions. And will also be different for the comming 5.x.
>
> Will lyx files written for 3.x be compatible with new version? This is
> a must, IMO.

  Yes.

  One simple example of incompatibility:
  The Comment style is rendered as <comment> in 3.x and as <remark> in 4.x

  In the layout file, for 3.x we have:

  Style Comment
    LatexName   comment
  End

  and for 4.0 we have:
  Style Comment
    LatexName   remark
  End

  The document headers are also dealt differently (title and all the other
related info).

--
José