What hyphenation package are you using? The most recent one is
nehyph96.tex (on my system located in
/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/), look on your favorite CTAN site.
Another pretty good one is nehyph.tex but it's older. Stay away from the
older hyphenation patterns (nehyphx.tex, nehyph1.tex,...).

dutch should also be installed in your language.dat (look for a line with
dutch, this should read
dutch nehyph96.tex
=dutch
). Normally texconfig should do this for you and run texconfig init to update
your configuration (I had to do this manually though).
Otherwise you might try to use the nohyphenation 'language' instead of
dutch.

HTH,

Eric

PS: moet het eigenlijk geen bruine dwergen zijn  ipv bruineN dwergen? Het
klinkt nu oud-nederlands ;-).

On 8 Feb 2001, at 0:32, Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 07:35:09PM +0100, Joeri Verbiest wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I convert lyx to pdf I get (sorry that it is in Dutch)
> >
> > .... zoals het zoeken naar bruinen dw-
> > ergen en extrasolar ...
> >
> > How can I get
> >
> > .... zoals het zoeken naar bruinen dwergen
> > en extrasolar ...
> >
> > I mean how can I configure the document so that never words would be
> > split, because lyx does not do this correct in the Dutch language.
>
> First you can try to enable hyphenation for the Dutch language by running
> texconfig.
>
> If this doesn't work, you can disable hyphenation by putting
>  \hyphenpenalty = 10000
> in the preamble.

e-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP fingerprint:
17C6 528E 3018 F44A 596B  203B B344 9377 BD6D 3B64