On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Dekel Tsur wrote:

> > 1. add the following lines to ~/.dvipsrc (create if the file doesn't
> > exist):
> > p+ psfonts.cmz
> > p+ psfonts.amz
> >
> > 2. add the following to LaTeX preamble:
> > \usepackage{ae,aecompl}
> >
> > 3. or, the following could be added to ~/.lyxrc, but is not recommended:
> > \font_encoding default
>
> You need to do (1) with either 2 or 3.

Yes, that is what I meant (and the docs said).

> open the preferences dialog, go to Outputs->Misc and change "TeX encoding"
> to "default".

Thanks for pointing this out.

> As for pdflatex, it should work, unless your pdftex is misconfigured.

It might be a bug in LyX 1.1.6. I do the following:

- Create a new file in LyX. Write in some text and math stuff.
- Write \usepackage{ae,aecompl} in the LaTeX preamble.
- View PDF(pdflatex)
Everything is now in vector fonts, just as it should be.
- View PDF(ps2pdf)
Everything is now in bitmap fonts (wrong).
- View again PDF(pdflatex)
Everything is still in bitmap fonts (wrong).

Maybe LyX doesn't run pdflatex at all the second time? This might have
been confusing me.