This is probably a stupid question: I think the problem will regard
some basic environment setting, but I could not find a solution.

In the Extended LyX manual I studied the section concerning LinuxDoc
and it works fine. I save the file as sgml and I can use sgmltools to
export the file as rtf, html and so on.

I am also interested in the DocBook project. However, if in LyX I set
DocumentClass to DocBook article, I export the file as DocBook SGML,
running any of the sgmltools scripts I get a lot of mistakes. This is
an example of output (just the begin):

-----------------------
sgml2html ratzinger01.sgml
Processing file ratzinger01.sgml
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:1:57:W: cannot generate system identifier for
public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:1:57:E: reference to entity "ARTICLE" for which
no system identifier could be generated
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:1:0: entity was defined here
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:1:57:E: DTD did not contain element declaration
for document type name/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:5:8:E: element "ARTICLE"
undefined
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:6:11:E: element "ARTHEADER" undefined
/usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:7:8:E: element "TITLE" undefined
[...]
------------------------------

I think this as a problem of paths. Is it correct? How can I correct
this?

Many thanks, as usual! I hope to be able, in the future, to be a more
active contributor.

gm

E-Mail: Guido Milanese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua, Genova, Italia
Homepage: http://www.arsantiqua.org
+ + + + + + NON NOBIS DOMINE + + + + + + +