Thank you Gunter!

I made the changes in Documents > Settings and in Tools > Preferences and
everything ran smoothly the first time. It took me a second to remember to
reset the screen font before typing this but everything looks like it is
working well.
The font looks like the footprints of a demented pigeon on drugs but I hope
to get used to it. It cannot be worse than my handwriting.

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada