On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> But that's kind of the point. The package garamondx is NOT installed,
>> and the non-free fonts are NOT installed:
>> geek@liv-inspiron:~$ getnonfreefonts -l
>> [...]
>> garamond GaramondNo8 (URW) [not installed]
>> garamondx GaramondNo8 Expert (Michael Sharpe) [not installed]
>>

>> Yet LyX presents the font as installed (i.e. there is no '(not
>> installed)' tag), as attached.
>
> Does it really attempt to load garamondx, or rather
> \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ugm}

Yes, the latter is what I am seeing in here in the source pane.

> This is the fallback garamond font.

Well, I have mathdesign installed.
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/mathdesign/

Apparently it provides:
* mdugm family corresponds to URW Garamond text fonts

Which is clearly present on my system. But this seems to deal only
with the math part of the fonts.

For the text part, as per the CTAN docs you also need to install:
CTAN directory of URW Garamond : nonfree/fonts/urw/garamond

But this one is certainly not present on my system.

>> It looks to me like a font detection bug in LyX...
>
> Yes, maybe.

Can LyX determine if the URW Garamond font is present by checking for
this non free font? And then correctly display installed/not installed
status?

Regards,
Liviu

--