Dear All,
Last summer Stefano Franchi did something for me that I was unable do.  He
created a tex file out of a lyx file and a bib file.  I'm in the same bind
again.  The problem, then and now, is that when I try to create a tex file
of my LyX document, the resulting tex file does not contain the References
that are in the original LyX document.  (All the references are from
BiBtex.  Following Stefano's instructions, I have the document itself (a
lyx file) and my Bibtex database (a bib file) in the same folder--under My
Documents in Windows 7).

When I use LyX to create a tex file (by selecting  File -> Export -> LaTeX
(plain)),  I get an error message saying that the filename "... can cause
troubles when running the exported file through LaTeX and opening the
resulting DVI".  If I ignore this warning and press on, I get another error
message that says, "There are spaces in the paths to your BibTeX database.
BibTeX will be unable to find them".  (The only space in the path in
question is between "My" and "Documents" in "My Documents".  I've tried
closing this space by renaming "My Documents" in Windows 7 as
"MyDocuments", but it doesn't help.  I still get the same two error
messages.)  If I ignore this second warning and continue I get a tex file
of the document itself but without any of the references.

What should I do?

Bill