On 2015-03-02, Csikos Bela wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding:  --]

> Hello:

> I would like to change the spaces between text and beginning/ending of
> lists, as well as between list items.

> Based on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/List_Structures I modified
> list spacing values, but it has only partial effect. The space betweens
> items has changed, but the space between text and list hasn't
> disappeared. I would like to decrease the space between text and list
> beginning/ending to exactly one linespace.

> I don't want to use enumitem or any other extra package to approach
> this.

> How can I?

You have to read a book about TeX/LaTeX and how lists are structured and
which parameters you can change and how.

Then, try with a "test.tex" example document.

Then, transfer the knowledge to LyX: you will need to insert preamble
code in Document>Settings>user-preamble and code in the document in ERT (raw
LaTeX inserts).

All this is done for you by the LaTeX package authors and LyX module authors.
So it is easier to use a package.

Günter