On 03/22/2015 03:36 PM, Cor Blom wrote:
Op 22-03-15 om 14:57 schreef Michael Berger:
PS: neither did 'sudo' work in that ordinary console

BTW: This is strange. What you also could try is make a new user on your system, log in with that user and try lyx and console there. To me it looks like something is wrong in your configuration files and does not have to be lyx related.

I hope this helps you.

Cor

Hi Cor,
I am very grateful as you put me (almost) back on track.

I created a new user as advised.
Now I have:
/home/*olduser*/.config/Lyx/lyx.conf (12.0 KiB)
with Spellchecker not working
and
/home/*newuser*/.config/Lyx/lyx.conf (6.2 KiB)
with Spellchecker working well

- in *newuser* Spellchecker works out of the box as anticipated (tried with a few new Lyx documents) - as root I copied a complete folder with various LyX-Documents from *olduser* into *newuser* (Read-only) and Spellchecker works well - as root I can open the same LyX-Documents (Read-only) in *olduser* and *newuser* with Spellchecker working equally well in both

But how can I convince Spellchecker to work in the olduser environment as olduser?
I dare not touch the olduser's configuration file!

Can you, please, advise how to proceed?

Thanks and cheers,
Michael