It is my understanding that if a selected font has math characters with it,
that will automatically be used. Most fonts do not so it falls back to the
default. There are a series of default options which are quite good and if
it makes you feel better, having greek letters in one font and normal text
in another does not look bad at all. In fact, it is almost expected.

I hope that someone can shed light on this issue. I am almost certain this
is how it works but I am not 100% sure.

~Ben