On 07/01/2015 04:10 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

    On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 03:43:55PM +0200, Michael Berger wrote:
    > Hi Philip,
    > thank you, I will check what you said - makes sense. However, if
    the path to
    > my bib-file is wrong, how can I cite references from it?
    > And: never ever did my system complain capital letters nor
    spaces in file
    > names in any of my numerous LyX documents (before trying biblatex).
    >
    > Anyway, I will check that too and then report back.
    >
    > Michael

    Hi Michael,

    biblatex is a differnet program than bibtex. One might allow paths
    that
    are case-insensitive (this is incorrect behavior in my opinion on
    Linux) while the other might not. Also note that LyX is a separate
    program from the above two, so you might be able to select a reference
    from LyX but biblatex not find it (again, because they are separate
    programs).

Also, note that the path for biblatex is set at a different place (the preamble) than the path that LyX uses to access the bibliography (the bibtex inset). If these two paths are identical, it should work.

Jürgen
Hello Jürgen, Philip,
there is some progress;
I followed Philip's advice and checked the path to the bib file.
in \addbibresource{/home/m39/Documents/Arbeiten Mike/...} the ../mb39/.. was missing.
After correcting that the Reference appeared in the PDF document.

However, I also selected under Content "all references" and ticked "Add bibliography to TOC". But that had no effect at all. Only _*cited*_ references are shown and the *_TOC has still no bibliography entry_*.

Cheers,
Michael