On 08/22/2015 09:41 AM, Annaert Jan wrote:
My colleague sent me a LyX file containing several .emf graphics. The file
compiles well at my office, where I work on a Windows 7 computer. However,
when I try to compile it at home (Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite) I get errors
such as:
Package pdftex.def Error: File `Name_of_file.pdf¹ not found.
Indeed, this file does not exist (Name_of_file.emf does exist).

Also in the LyX editor the file is not previewed: it simply shows a box
with:
³Name_of_file.emf
Error converting to loadable format².

I suspect something is going wrong with the converters, but I don¹t have
any clue how to address this issue. And frankly, the commands of the
converters that are defined in the Preference pane are pure gibberish to
me.
Perhaps somebody else has encountered the same issue and can share her
solution? I¹m using LyX 2.1.4 on both computers.

Hi, Jan,

Please open the messages pane (View> Messages Pane) and then attempt to compile the document. Cut and paste the output in the messages pane here. Hopefully, there will be an informative error message we can use to debug the problem (likely, a missing converter).

Richard