On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Patrick Dupre wrote:

In lyx 2.1.4 (fedora 22) but also with other previous versions, if one
edits a file containing a figure (i.e. a .eps file for example) which is
missing, lyx says "file not found". This is normal. Now, if we update the
directory with the right file (we can even browse it from lyx), lyx
continues to says "file not found" will it is here.

Patrick,

  That's very strange and has never happened here. Sometimes I re-arrange
directories so the embedded figures are not in the path they were the last
time that document was loaded in LyX. But, when I used the 'Browse' feature
to specify the correct directory, the figure loads and there are no issues
with saving, previewing, or compiling the file.

  Without a small example we cannot determine just where the source of the
issue is to be found.

Rich